I wanted something sweet and healthy, so I came up with these!
30 pitted dates
1 1/2 cups almonds
1/2 cup blackberries
3/4 cup strawberries
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Purée blackberries and strawberries in a food processor. Pour into a separate bowl, and add the coconut sugar.
2. Coarse chop almonds in a food processor or by hand. Put them in a separate bowl.
3. Chop/blend pitted dates in food processor (it will be very thick).
4. Add the dates to the almonds, and mix by hand until the nuts are evenly distributed.
5. Press the date mixture into a 9″x9″ cake pan (or any size that is about the same). The mixture will be about 1/2 inch thick. Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper or HEAVILY grease it. These bad boys are sticky!
6. Evenly spoon the berry purée on top of the date mixture. You may have some extra purée, depending on the size of the berries you used… Put it on toast, banana nice cream, or in a smoothie!
7. Generously sprinkle the coconut flakes over the purée.
8. Let the bars set in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
9. Cut into bars and enjoy!